1. Joy Pad by Benny Hennesy | Paleolith in Rosewater
2. Mitsuo Katsui | Gogli in Slate, David Stark for Cavern
3. Guests Hands in Cecil Beaton’s Bathroom | Vernon in Charcoal
4. Charley Harper | Migration in London
5. Vintage Spoon | Tapestry in Zuni
6. Stella McCartney | Bowie in Pink
7. Kenzo | I See You in White
Every once in a while, I get an e-mail from a customer that really stands out. This one comes from Jennifer, who (like many people) was wary of installing wallpaper permanently. She ended up mounting the paper onto foam core to great success:
A bit more than two years ago I bought Blackbird in gold/brown. I gave half to my mother as a gift and kept the other half for myself. Frankly, though I own my own home, I just didn’t want to put it on a wall. It felt like too big of a committment (any wonder why I’m still single?) What if I redecorated? What if I wanted the birds on a different wall? What, heaven forbid, if I moved and had to leave it BEHIND?
Solution: I dry mounted the wallpaper and framed it, so I can now move it around to my heart’s content. And, even more importantly, take it with me wherever I go!
It’s stunning! I currently have my framed wallpaper serving as a room divider. I stare at my wallpaper and am filled with incredible joy by its beauty.
Thanks for the kind words, Jennifer! And congrats on the project!